1. Watching TV
2. Watching TV
3. Watching TV - Do you see a theme? Watching TV is a good way just to unwind & not have to think. BUT, it can soak up A LOT of our idle time!
30 Minutes to be spent more wisely!
5. Checking Email – We can get sucked into endless email and before we know it, HOURS have passed.
6. Social Networking – No explanation required!
7. Sitting in Traffic – Yes, commuting is necessary, but have you thought about turning off the radio? How about listening to a good book (the Bible), a training /self-improvement CD? How about talking to our passenger or simply letting our brain REST?
8. Getting caught up in a conversation at the most un-opportune time, that goes on and on and on and on!
30 Minutes to be spent more wisely!
Any rebuttals? ”These items are not a waste of time, but very necessary”…
Your comments are welcome!
What does this have to do with Personal Organizing?
Stay Tuned …
- Clean out your underwear drawer or a junk drawer in the kitchen
- Go through a stack of old CDs
- Sort through a bag of old clothes
- Organize the cabinet under your bathroom sink
- Clean out the interior or trunk of your car
- Take a Power Nap!
- Read your child a book or two
- Play a video game
- Watch a cartoon with the children
- Chat with the spouse about planning a date for just the two of you
- Say a Prayer
- Read the Bible
Here are 12 things that you could do…
12 is the biblical number for ORDER!
What can you do in 30 minutes?
My daughter left me a stack of old pictures on the ledge in the hall for me to peruse through this morning. For some reason, I started to cry, BECAUSE it was so overwhelming to see just how GOOD our life has really been. THUS …
To All my readers, I want to apologize for not posting more often. I am going to try real hard to get an organizing post out next week. Thanks for being so patience with me. Have a great weekend!
I would like to go back to Blog Chill Day # 13 for a moment. The message in that blog post was that we can ONLY work on ourselves, we can not change the world, well you know what I mean… Many times when are lives are out of order, when things around us are in chaos, when we are in the midst of VERY difficult situations, we believe that the people around us are going to change… The husband or wife will realize that they have hurt us, the boss will understand that he/she are being unfair and unreasonable, the situation or circumstance will just turn around…. But what I have come to realize and most of us should understand is that the person that must change is YOU/ME, whether we are right or wrong.
About five (5) years ago, I hit a real low point, yes I know that it is hard to believe. I won’t bore you with all the details, but I was in a depression. You know the story about my son… my mother in law had been with us about 14 years…. I was over 50 (very menopausal) and tired of being taken for granted!!!!! Yes, the born organizer was in the midst of CHAOS. A life without true order was very dark for me. At this point, the only place I could go was to the Lord. I didn’t like my husband, I was willing to leave my children and as for my mother in law… no comment!
I want you all to pay REAL close attention! What the Lord showed me was that ……. I had to change! I kept trying to tell the Lord that I wasn’t the problem and He kept telling me that if I didn’t change THEN my situation wouldn’t change. I don’t know when it happened, but slowly my perspective started to change. So what am I saying?? FOCUS on YOU versus them, the situation or circumstance! Ask the Lord to help you to work on you. You will be amazed at how your perspective will change. Now don’t get me wrong, life has not been perfect, but I have a PEACE now that I just cannot describe!!!!!!
Think about it!
I pray that everyone had a Happy Resurrection Sunday! I want to thank everyone for your gracious response to my last two posts. I am always very grateful to know that my blog posts are read and enjoyed! However, I must apologize to all my followers for the lateness of my posts. Things are getting a little hectic, just as God promised , so I ain’t complaining. I am walking in my prosperity and abundance… and I couldn’t be happier!
Now to the matter at hand. Your inspiration for the week…. I had to read this a few times
ok I was a little slow OR… you may have to read it a few times too. Please let me know what is means to YOU????